UMass Amherst Earns AASHE Gold Rating
The Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating SystemTM (STARS) is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. STARS® was developed by AASHE with broad participation from the higher education community.
STARS is designed to:
* Provide a frame- work for understanding sustainability in all sectors of higher education.
* Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions using a common set of measurements developed with broad participation from the campus sustainability community.
* Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
* Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
* Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community.
The assessment is completed every 3 years and the most recent report was submitted in early August. UMass Amherst is proud to be recognized as an AASHE Gold rated Institution. To view the UMass report, click here.